Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve: only 6 days left of 2011 after today!

My, how time flies!  I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted.  Well, my friends, a lot has happened since then, my health has taken me on a roller coast er  ride and my family and my job as well.  I am blessed to  still have my job, so don't worry about that.  In fact, I am blessed to still be here with everyone,  as Halloween morning, a drug interaction sent me to the E/R.  I woke up in the ambulance with the EMT trying to put an IV in my foot.  Ouch.

I still suffer from migraines, even with my sleep apnea being treated.  We think it's hormone-related and sure enough I have new cysts on that right side.  The right ovary and fallopian tube will be history on January 10th and  I will be off duty recuperating for five days after that surgery (doctor's orders).  I am hoping to heal quickly and be cleared for the gym.  no

I have gained all of my weight back which is very frustrating.  I am trying to eat smaller portions.  I have already been off of coffee caffeine and chocolate for seven weeks.  Surprisingly, everyone at home is still alive and in one piece!  (Including me)

I have been blessed to have the support of my long-time friends and newly-made friends this past year.  Trust me, Tracy Lawrence's song "You Find out Who Your Friends Are" is very accurate.  It is saddening to find those who you thought were friends were only fair-weather acquaintances.  I unfortunately found a rare few who actively sought to hurt me, but by the grace of God were mainly unsuccessful.  I think my New Year's Resolution will be to forgive them and let go of the anger but not leave a new spot for the knife to go.

Finally, the love of my life has been very patient and understanding through all this.  Even though he has chronic pain, he manages to keep active, and manages to help take care of me when I'm down.

I will love seeing the grandchildren open presents tomorrow, and visit with family.  My Christmas has been given to me already through the year, by Christ's love shown to me each and every day through my loved ones, family and friends alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment